The Environment Protection Agency Sierra Leone (EPA-SL) is the Regulatory Agency charged with the responsibility to provide for the effective protection of the environment and for other related matters.
The EPA_SL continues to grow and in order to meet the challenges of environmental management has the following vacancy available.
PROCUREMENT MANAGER CLOSING DATE: 22nd January 2020
- Provide guidance and support to the Procurement Team with a view to enhance their procurement skills, knowledge and their productivity.
- Assist in the Preparation and Review of Terms of Reference, Request for Expression of Interest(s) and Request for Proposals that would be prepared by the Procurement Department (with support from Subject Matter Specialists).
- Prepare/Review Request for Expression of Interest(s) and Request for Proposals to be published or distributed to shortlisted firms.
- Advice Management in matters related to the Procurement cycle, including contract negotiations and provide guidance on matters that could be negotiated, the contract award proposal and prepare recommendations to the Procurement Committee for approval.
- Review standard contract documents prior to signature.
- Advise Procurement Committee on contractual matters that may arise – amendments to contract, extensions and any other related issues.
- Prepare and maintain all procurement related files including filing of all procurement related documents, safe custody of securities, etc.
- Prepare progress updates of all procurement cases as and when required.
- Ensure transparency, competitiveness and integrity of the procurement process as required under Sierra Leone’s National Public Procurement Act and guideline/regulations and point out issues of conflict of interest to Management.
- Coach, mentor and train procurement staff to develop capacity in procurement of service provider and consultancy services.
- Review and advise on the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement (in consultation with relevant Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies as necessary) at all stages of the project cycle, to include analysis of systemic and other procurement issues, procurement planning, design, implementation and management, and training.
- Provide high-level procurement supervision to ensure that EPA employs appropriate methodologies for handling simple and complex procurement tasks and/or issues.
- Collaborate with partners to identify global vendors and suppliers for unique international competitive bidding and manage and maintain excellent vendor relations, including contacts, and pre-qualifications lists.
- Provide guidance on procurement procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for all staff, ensuring value for money in procurement.
- Carry out other procurement functions as required.
- Any other duties assigned in accordance with the mandate of the Agency..
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree(Minimum Division II) in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or Business Administration (Procurement option) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in public procurement practices and supply chain management, in an MDA or Financial Institution,3 years of which must have been served in a procurement leadership position . An Advance Degree in the above stated disciplines or CIPS will be an added advantage.
- An extensive experience in carrying out technical duties in procurement involving both National and International Bidding and contract management.
- Good knowledge of all concepts and principles of and approaches to international procurement, and of public procurement systems.
- Experience in upfront project design, market research and analysis, market sounding (pre-bid meetings) and designing fit for purpose procurement strategies.
- Proven analytical and evaluative skills, including the ability to independently provide well researched analyses of key procurement issues and problem
- Knowledge and understanding of technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all phases of the procurement process.
- High level of integrity
- Evidence of good leadership and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to travel extensively within the country and willingness to work extended hours.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have extensive knowledge of MS Office Application.
- Ability to identify complex issues and to respond and handle accordingly.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective business relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their application indicating position applied for on the top right hand corner of a sealed envelope together with credentials and updated curriculum vitae, including the names and addresses of three (3) referees, to: The Head of Human Resources
Environment Protection Agency – Sierra Leone
21, Old Railway Line Brookfields, Freetown.
Electronic Application’s should be send to email@example.com
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY .ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.