The Environment Protection Agency Sierra Leone (EPA-SL) is the Agency responsible for the effective protection of the environment and for other related matters.
The EPA-SL continues to grow and is seeking to employ an INTERNAL AUDITOR to meet the challenges of Environmental management.
- Work with management to ensure all risks are identified, classified and analyzed
- Establish effective internal control processes and procedures that provide an independent and objective assurance designed to add value and improve on the general operations of the Agency
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice
- Plan, organize and carry out internal audit functions including but not limited to preparation of audit plans, scheduling, assigning work and determination of resource requirements.
- Report on departmental activities, policies and programmes to management for necessary action.
- Manage resources and audit requirements
- Pivotal role in the annual budget process of the Agency.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls
- Coordinate coverage with external auditors and ensuring all audit issues are adequately addressed by management in a timely manner.
- Conduct on the spot investigation into identified or reported risks
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Provide monthly and or quarterly audit reports on all aspects of the Agency for the attention of management.
- Advice management and the Board of Directors on the internal controls within the Agency
- Provides overall supervision of annual audits
- The internal auditor shall provide independent assurance on compliance with all policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations; safe guarding and use of public funds as intended; effectiveness and efficiency of operations and employment of resources among others.
- Act as Secretary to the audit committee of the Agency.
- Any other duties assigned in accordance with the mandate of the Agency.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates must possess:
- Professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA) and
- Post Graduate Degree in Accounting or Finance plus
- Minimum of seven (7) years of proven experience in an audit related capacity.
Core Values and Competencies
- Integrity, Respect for Diversity – High level of Integrity: Must be honest, sincere and trustworthy and can demonstrate the core values of EPA-SL at all times.
- Respect Social Diversities, and Gender in the dispensation of his/her duties.
Professionalism – Demonstrate professional competence and willingness to work under pressure.
Leadership – serve as a role model; empower others to translate vision into results; proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives.
Financial Skills –Proficient in the use of Microsoft Applications and QuickBooks.
Remuneration – Attractive
MODE OF APPLICATION
In view of the current health pandemic, we will accept completed electronic applications only forwarded to:
Applications must include: An application letter addressed to the Executive Chairman; CV with photocopies of all relevant academic certificates; Three Referees one of whom must be the most recent employer.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 23rd June 2020
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY .ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.