REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR INTERNATIONAL POLICY, BUSINESS AND STRATEGY EXPERT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
INTERNATIONAL POLICY, BUSINESS AND STRATEGY EXPERT
Procurement Number: EPASL/PPR/BSE/RFP/005/2022
Date of First Issued: 19th December, 2022.
Sierra Leone has recently received funding from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) to implement a project on the promotion of electric mobility called “Supporting Sierra Leone with the Shift to Electric Mobility”. The objective of this 4-year project, which will be implemented by the EPA-SL, is to mitigate GHG emissions in Sierra Leone by accelerating the introduction of electric mobility through the development of legal, regulatory and institutional framework, capacity building, demonstration pilots of electric vehicles, development of business models for private sector engagement and finance schemes for upscaling and replication.
The International Policy, Business and Strategy expert will also be responsible for the following technical/substantive work under the project below:
Output 1.2: A gender-sensitive national e-mobility strategy is developed and formally proposed.
- Collection and consolidation of transport and energy sector data, as a basis to support the preparation of the national e-mobility strategy
- Support the Chief Technical Advisor during the consultation workshop on the development of a national e-mobility strategy
- Preparation of the detailed gender-sensitive national e-mobility strategy
Output 3.1: Fiscal policies and regulatory schemes to incentivize the uptake of electric mobility are developed and formally proposed.
- Preparation of an import taxation proposal for e-vehicles and presentation to national stakeholders during a workshop
- Preparation of an import regulation proposal for e-vehicles and presentation to national stakeholders during a workshop
- Preparation of a vehicle registration proposal for e-vehicles and presentation to national stakeholders during a workshop
Output 3.2: Based on the demonstration project, a financing scheme including a procurement guideline and business models for the procurement of electric vehicles is developed and formally proposed.
- Prepare suggestions of financing mechanisms and business models on e-mobility and presentation to national stakeholders during a workshop
Preparation of a final financing scheme, of e-vehicles / charging infrastructure procurement guidelines, and e-mobility business models
Competence and required skills:
The lead consultant/expert for this assignment should have the following profile, skills, and expertise:
- Academic Degree in Automotive Engineering or other relevant fields. A Master Degree in Automotive Engineering with focus on electric transport modes or post-graduation of at least 12 months in electric mobility or sustainable urban transport and/or Business Administration/Finance/Economics would be an added advantage.
- Senior professional level with a minimum of ten years’ experience in related innovative transport system assessments. Work experience in the selection, procurement and/or operation of EV modes and charging infrastructure and/or in the public transport sector would be an added advantage.
- Experience in producing technical and economic feasibility studies for the introduction of electric transport or other innovative transportation modes.
- Excellent technical and economic knowledge of electric public transport modes, incl. charging infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills proven through successful interactions with all levels of stakeholder groups, including senior government officials, private entrepreneurs, as well as representatives from the finance sector and technical agencies.
- Experience in the facilitation of workshops and meetings.
- Excellent conceptualization, planning, writing and presentation skills, and pro-active behavior.
- Ability to work independently on deliverables.
- Willingness and readiness to travel to Sierra Leone.
Instructions to eligible International Consultant
International Consultant is requested to refer to the Terms of Reference (TOR) above detailing the scope of the Assignment to be undertaken and the services requested from the eligible consultants. The consultant is requested to comment on the TOR, indicating your experience for this assignment, and submitting an updated Curriculum Vita and Qualifications for this Assignment.
The consultant is requested to prepare and submit their technical and financial proposal to be submitted to the address not later than 17th January,2023 at (2:00 Pm).
Criteria for Selection
|1||At least MSc. (Proof of master’s degree) in Automotive Engineering and/or Administration/Finance/Economics related field||15|
|2||Research experience in technical and economic feasibility studies (Proof of 4 scientific publications): Attach summary of articles or provide links)||15|
|3||Experience in preparing reports on policy, business and strategy in supporting shift to Electronics Mobility (proof of 2 reports produced and used as a reference by a national or international organization)||30|
|4||Technical approach and methodology on E-mobility||20|
Note: The international consultant shall be ranked and the first ranked on the list shall be selected for the proposed assignment given that, their fee rates are within the budget. The selection process will be based on the Least Cost
Service Required: The Environment Protection Agency SL is soliciting an International Consultant for International Policy, Business and Strategy Expert to carry out the above consultancy service. The Agency has secured fund from Global Environmental Facility (GEF) and is therefore inviting consultant who can provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignment, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.) to submit Technical and financial proposals for the assignment.
The Technical Proposals will be publicly opened on 17th January 2023] at 2:00 pm], in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend, at the address below.
This advertisement is open to all International Consultants worldwide.
Kindly submit the following documents;
- Technical proposal
- Financial Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae of staffs
- Business Profile
- Samples of previous work
Duration of work:
The assignment is expected to be undertaken in 100 person days spanned over the period of 20 working weeks.
Interested consultant may obtain further information and request the terms of reference (TOR) at the address below between [9am to 4pm Mondays to Fridays].
Technical and Financial proposals must be delivered to the address below on or before [17th January, 2023] at [2:00 pm],
Proposals along with relevant documents must be submitted in sealed envelope boldly marked: “ International Policy, Business and Strategy Expert ’’ at the below email address. Late proposal will be rejected and returned unopened. In addition to the original of the proposals, the number of copies required is 2.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Proposals must be email to the following addresses.
OR send to the below address
Environment Protection Agency-SL;
92 Dundas Street