Request for Proposal for the Popularization of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC), the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) and Natural Resource Management and Climate-related education and awareness raising programs
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Popularization of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC), the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) and Natural Resource Management and Climate-related education and awareness raising programs
Procurement Number: EPA-SL/CCS/UNDP/RFP/009/2022
Date of First Issued: 21st April 2022
The Environment Protection Agency has received funds from UNDP for hiring the services of an individual consultant for the Popularization of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC), the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) and Natural Resource Management and Climate-related education and awareness raising programs.
In 2021, Sierra Leone reviewed, updated, and submitted its Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC) to the UNFCCC setting out its adaptation and mitigation goals. The revised NDC was aligned with the country Mid Term National Development Plan as well national climate change documents and key national policies and guiding documents. This revised document updates and strengthens NDC for both the mitigation and adaptation contributions, informed by improved data collection, in-depth technical analysis, and extensive stakeholder engagement. The impact of climate change is a global concern and remains a topical issue that requires collective effort and continuous corporation and collaboration in addressing it. With climate risks and impacts affecting various sectors and population groups in different ways, differentiated, sector-based measures for both adaptation and mitigation have been proposed (as project and policy actions) to deal with current and emerging vulnerabilities, as well as contribute to the reduction of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions. It is vital that people be sensitized about the impacts of climate Change on humans and the environment. It is also important that the NDC and NAP be popularized as national documents seeking to reduce the impacts of climate change both by mitigating and adapting.
The overall objective of the task is to Popularize the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), National Adaptation Plan (NAP) for Sierra Leone and Natural Resource Management and Climate-related education and awareness raising activities.
- To provide technical support to the Environment Protection Agency, Sierra Leone in popularizing the NDC and NAP
- Develop abridge version and newsletters on the NDC and NAP.
- Hold town hall meetings and provide reports.
- Hold Radio and television discussion programmes to popularize the NDC, NAP and other natural Resources and Climate-related programmes.
- Produce short video on the environment and climate Change.
Develop a final report on the above activities undertaken.
A Master’s degree in Communication with experience in climate change and/or environment/natural resources management, International Development or related areas.
A Minimum of 5 years of related experience with some understanding of climate change and extensive experience in communication and policy development, strong working knowledge of UNDP, government institutions, the civil society sector and working with state public authorities on issues related to climate change;
- Understanding of fundamental concepts on the NDC and NAP
- Understanding of Community outreach and sensitization.
- Technical skills related to the popularization of the Climate-Change and Environmental issues.
- Excellent understanding of NDC and climate change.
Fluency in written and spoken English. All documents are expected to be produced in English.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Agency and partners institutions.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with analytic capacity and demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information in high quality papers/reports and in effective presentations to different audiences.
- Skills in facilitating meetings effectively and efficiently.
- Substantive experience in collaborating with and consulting for governments on climate change issues, particularly in developing countries in areas relevant to develop a national communication strategy on the NDCs into relevant sectors.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Exercise the highest level of responsibility and be able to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner.
- Active listening and dialogue (acknowledge and responds constructively to the points of view of others);
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally to a varied and broad audience in a simple and concise manner.
- Projects a positive image and is ready to take on a wide range of tasks.
- Focuses on results for the client.
- Welcomes constructive feedback.
Good interpersonal and networking skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations, supports and encourages open communication in the team, and facilitates teamwork.
Evaluation method and criteria
Technical Criteria weight 70%
Financial Criteria weight 30%,
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% of the total technical points (49 points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
|1. Technical Capacity and Related Qualifications||Points|
|1.||A Master’s degree in Communication with experience in climate change and/or environment/natural resources management, International Development or related areas.||5|
|2.||A Minimum of 5 years of related experience with some understanding of climate change and extensive experience in communication and policy development, strong working knowledge of UNDP, government institutions, the civil society sector and working with state public authorities on issues related to climate change||20|
|3.||Understanding of fundamental concepts on the NDC and NAP
|4.||Technical skills related to the popularization of the Climate-Change and Environmental issues.
|5.||Understanding of Community outreach and sensitization.
|6.||Excellent understanding of NDC and climate change||10|
|Total Possible Points||70|
The consultant is requested to prepare and submit their technical and financial proposal to be submitted to the address not later than 11th May 2022 at (1:00 Pm).
Note: The consultant shall be ranked and the first ranked on the list shall be selected for the proposed assignment given that, their fee rates are within the budget. The selection process will be based on the Least Cost
Service Required: The Environment Protection Agency SL is soliciting the services of a Consulting expert/firm to Develop the Nationally Determined Contribution Implementation Plan with Financing. The Agency has secured fund from UNDP and is therefore inviting consultants who can provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the service (description of similar assignment, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.) to submit Technical and financial proposals for the assignment. The Technical Proposals will be publicly opened on [11th May 2022] at [1:00 pm], in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend, at the address below.
This advertisement is open to all individual Consultants nationwide.
Kindly submit the following documents;
- Technical proposal
- Financial Proposal
- A Cover Letter
- A Valid business registration certificate
- A Valid Local Council Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae of staffs
- Business Profile
- Samples of previous work
Duration of work:
The assignment is expected to be undertaken within Forty (40) days between May and June 2022.
Interested consultant may obtain further information and collect the terms of reference (TOR) at the address below between [9am to 4pm Mondays to Fridays].
Technical and Financial proposals must be delivered to the address below on or before [11th May2022] at [1:00 pm],
Proposals along with relevant documents must be submitted in sealed envelope boldly marked: “DEVELOP THE NATIONALLY DETERMINED CONTRIBUTION IMPLEMENTATION PLAN WITH FINANCING ’’ at the address below. Late proposal will be rejected and returned unopened. In addition to the original of the proposals, the number of copies required is 2.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Bids must be delivered to the address below.
Environment Protection Agency-SL;
92 Dundas Street